Here are some of my favorite things I’ve seen whilst meandering online lately, I thought I’d share:
- 25 Eco-Chic Ideas for Your Home at Martha Stewart – I’m not normally a Martha-lover myself, but I saw this link while I was browsing around Apartment Therapy and I really loved the piece with all of it’s beautiful, practical ideas.
- 101 Painless Ways to Detoxify your Mind, Body and Home – I stumbled across this article and really liked the approach – Mind, Body and Home – a good reminder that good health is about more than what you eat.
- The Truth About Sunscreens – Your skin is an organ that absorbs what you put on it, so do your research and think twice before slathering chemicals on your body!
- A really creative San Francisco apartment. Occasionally, I like to browse house tours on Apartment Therapy and this one caught my eye.
- Starbucks Corp. announced Tuesday it will close 600 company-operated stores in the next year – Personally, I think this is a very good thing. I know it’s a reflection on the economy and Starbucks’ all too rapid growth (as the article states) but I hope it is also an indication that people are beginning to support local businesses (that most often provide better product) and/or make healthier choices.
- I’ve been loving to browse photos on flickr. Some of my favorites: the Home as Art Pool, and photos from two of my favorite blogs – poppytalk and SouleMama.
- Ani’s Raw Food Kitchen – We have been trying to incorporate more raw foods into our diet. Check out Ani’s website and her article in the June issue of Food & Wine Magazine. We tried her recipe for zucchini ribbons with tomato marinara tonight – delicious! You can also check out her and her recipes on youtube.
Some other really tasty recipes we’ve enjoyed lately:
- These yummy sandwiches with home-made tomato soup (vegan if you sub non-dairy milk and cheese)
- Black Bean Burgers with home fries (vegan)
- Portobellos with Leeks and Spinach (vegetarian, but would be just as good without the cheese)
- Mexican Stuffed Peppers (vegan/gluten-free)
- Walnut “Meat” Taco Salad (vegan/raw)
- Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas (vegetarian/vegan if you sub out the cheese)
- Spring Rolls with Peanut Love Sauce (vegan/raw if you wrap them up in greens rather than rice paper like we did. the sauce is amazing!)
- Easy Pleasin’ Oat Bars (vegan/gluten-free/cane sugar-free)
- Blueberry Crisp (vegan)
All of these recipes are thoroughly delicious and are quickly becoming favorites around here. They are all quite healthy too. You must try them!